New Year’s Eve in Las Vegas is amazing. The entire city is packed with revelers. The Vegas Strip closes to traffic for a huge fireworks show at midnight. There’s just so much energy and so many things happening. It’s something to see and experience.
Times Square in New York City is great but the temperature and proximity to so many activities – and gambling – makes Las Vegas better for those who enjoy such things. For what it’s worth, both are must-see events but Las Vegas might be better purely because it’s not as cold as New York City.
There are parties at just about every bar, restaurant, and club in Las Vegas. It’s difficult to recommend one thing when someone asks what they should do on New Year’s Eve in Las Vegas. Thankfully, the Las Vegas Convention and Visitor Authority put together a nice guide of events.
Raise a Glass with the Stars
- Christina Aguilera will have guests saying “come on over” as she wraps up this leg of her “Christina Aguilera: The Xperience” residency at Zappos Theater inside Planet Hollywood. There are four shows on New Year’s Eve weekend Dec. 27-28 and 30-31. Join the Xtina for a special countdown to midnight at the Dec. 31 show.
- One of the world’s greatest rock bands – Journey – will bring the crowd inside The Colosseum at Caesars Palace to their feet. They also have four shows on New Year’s Eve weekend Dec. 27-28 and 30-31.
- Celebrate with Lady Gaga as she puts on three shows New Year’s Eve weekend at Park Theater inside Park MGM. The superstar will perform her famous pop hits during Lady Gaga ENIGMA Dec. 28 and 30. She’ll close out the decade in style on Dec. 31 at Lady Gaga JAZZ & PIANO. These shows are stripped-down versions of those hits alongside music from the Great American Songbook.
- Maroon 5 will bring their annual New Year’s Eve shows back to Mandalay Bay Events Center for the ninth consecutive year, Dec. 30 and 31.
- Jam out with rock band The Offspring at the Pearl Theater inside Palms on Dec. 30. Closeout the year with an intimate performance by Puerto Rican superstar OZUNA on Dec. 31.
- Straight up ring in the new year with Paula Abdul as she performs her greatest hits at the Flamingo on Dec. 31.
- Guests looking to slay the remaining hours of 2019 can join multi-platinum artist LIZZO as she brings her captivating performance to The Chelsea inside The Cosmopolitan, Dec. 31.
- Say adieu to 2019 with pop-rock band Third Eye Blind at House of Blues at Mandalay Bay also on Dec. 31.
Leave it all on the Dance Floor
- Drai’s Nightclub at The Cromwell will host a star-studded, four-day celebration to ring in 2020 from Dec. 28 to Dec. 31. Performances include Trey Songz (Dec. 28), Meek Mill (Dec. 29), Gucci Mane (Dec. 30) and Future on New Year’s Eve.
- Hakkasan Nightclub inside MGM Grand will celebrate New Year’s Eve weekend in style for five days. Performances will include DJ Shift (Dec. 27), Fergie DJ (Dec. 28), rapper DMX (Dec. 29), TIËSTO (Dec. 30) and Steve Aoki bringing it home on Dec. 31.
- GRAMMY Award-winning rapper Drake continues his partnership with XS Nightclub at Encore Las Vegas. His New Year’s weekend performance is on Dec. 30.
- Chart-topping DJ duo The Chainsmokers will kick off the 2020 countdown on Dec. 31 at XS Nightclub at Encore Las Vegas with hits like “Call You Mine” and “Something Just Like This.”
- Rapper and songwriter Tyga will light up the JEWEL Nightclub stage inside ARIA on Dec. 31.
- Celebrate with electronic dance music sensation Calvin Harris at Omnia Nightclub inside Caesars Palace on New Year’s Eve.
- Lil Jon will have the whole club screaming “yeah!” as he closes out 2019 at 1 OAK Nightclub at The Mirage.
- Mustard will ring in the new year on Dec. 31 atMarquee Nightclub inside The Cosmopolitan. There will be a complimentary champagne toast at midnight for all.
- TAO Nightclub at The Venetian will host a special performance by iconic rap artist NAS on New Year’s Eve.
- Shut down the old and ring in the new on Dec. 31 with the sounds of T-Pain at LIGHT Nightclub at Mandalay Bay.
- Visitors will be dazzled when the clock strikes midnight as fireworks paint the Las Vegas sky in a spectacular show of vibrant colors. The pyrotechnic display is coordinated from seven locations along the Strip. There’s also live music and an onstage pyrotechnic celebration at midnight on the Fremont Street Experience in Downtown Las Vegas.
- The Linq will offer two incredible ways to view the fireworks as 2019 comes to a close. The High Roller, the world’s tallest observation wheel, will offer some of the best views of Las Vegas. They have three “Ring in the Roaring 2020s” packages including a pre-party with an in-cabin open bar, appetizers, live entertainment, and midnight toast. Revelers can choose to party with a front-row seat of the display on the Fly Linq Zipline launch deck, along with a post fireworks show zipline ride.
- The Ice Rink at The Cosmopolitan will host a fabulous VIP New Year’s Eve party for guests to skate into 2020. Surrounded by breathtaking views overlooking the Strip, this outdoor soiree includes an open bar with seasonal libations, live entertainment, and interactive photo stations to capture the magic of the new year.
- Party in the heart of the Strip on the New York-New York‘s Brooklyn Bridge during the annual Bridge Bash. Guests can enjoy entertainment in the form of a live DJ as well as drinks, drinks, and more drinks at the open bar, along with phenomenal views of the fireworks.
- Cabo Wabo Cantina, located inside Miracle Mile Shops at Planet Hollywood, will rock into the new year with prime views of the fireworks, bottomless drinks, live entertainment, and a festive patio party.
- BEER PARK and Chateau Nightclub at Paris Las Vegas will welcome 2020 with a massive rooftop party featuring an open bar and front-row views of the Strip-side fireworks show.
- The STRAT offers partygoers two unique club-style atmospheres. The “108 Party in the Sky” on the 108th floor Indoor Observation Deck, has unlimited three-hour, premium open bar and a champagne toast at midnight. The “107 SkyLounge Celebration” has an incredible view for the world-famous New Year’s Eve Fireworks Show on the Strip. This party has a two-hour open bar and dancing into 2020 with DJ beats all night long.
- Fremont Street Experience invites partygoers to enjoy America’s Party Downtown. This is highly anticipated New Year’s Eve extravaganza featuring non-stop live entertainment from 12 bands, a jaw-dropping display of onstage pyrotechnics and more. Guests can experience the energy of Downtown Las Vegas and count down to the official debut of the new 1,367-foot-long Viva Vision canopy.
Indulge in World-Class Cuisine
- The Mayfair Supper Club is the newest restaurant concept debuting New Year’s Eve at Bellagio. It will serve two special prix-fixe menus for guests ringing in 2020. Diners are encouraged to stay after their seating to enjoy the show and party at one of the world’s most iconic backdrops: the Bellagio Fountains.
- The beloved holiday dim-sum brunch returns to Wing Lei at Wynn Las Vegas from Dec. 24 through Jan.1. They offer dozens of traditional Asian delicacies such as Mu Shu pork and Sichuan chili prawns. Guests can enjoy a selection of dishes served tableside or enjoy a wide array of options from extravagant buffets and carving stations throughout the restaurant.
- Highlighting an unmatched view of the famed Las Vegas Boulevard, Rivea at Delano offers a prix-fixe three-course New Year’s Eve menu created by internationally-celebrated Chef Alain Ducasse. Guests will immerse themselves in the carefree and vibrant nature of the south of France, featuring European-inspired dishes.